- Most importantly, I recently placed an order for another batch of ten prototype copies of Manaforge. I will probably hang onto one of them, donate a copy or two to prototype libraries or other places where they can get playtested, and send out the rest to game reviewers. These new prototype copies have all of the artwork competed up to this point, and also have the latest batch of rules tweaks.
- Speaking of reviewing, I already have a few game reviewers express an interest in doing reviews before the Kickstarter relaunch. We're gonna try to get the attention of as many people as possible before launch time, and finding reviewers with large audiences is always helpful. :)
- Manaforge's artwork is back at full speed. Of the 21 remaining cards, 14 of them are currently out for illustration, and the remaining 7 will be close behind. I anticipate all of the game's art will be done by the end of February.
- I'm currently reviving the production and shipping quotes for Manaforge. The quotes I had previously were useful for estimation but those expired; I need fresh numbers before I can launch again. While I haven't selected which companies I'm using for 100% sure, I am heavily leaning towards two in particular, one for production and one for shipping. (There might be a third in there, if I end up using a different company for freight shipping versus fulfillment.)
- Prototype Con is coming up soon! I will definitely be demoing Suicidal Cabbages there, but I will still have a copy of Manaforge available for play. Also, depending on the designer turnout at the con, there might be sufficient time for me to demo Manaforge as well.
And that's it for now. A lot of my time is taken up by coordinating with my artists, and with doing end-of-year paperwork. Hopefully the next time I post, I will have the new prototypes in hand. I'll definitely be taking pictures! :)